Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

I'm an Eternal Optimist

I must be -- that's the only way to explain why I'm entering the Finish-Along, even though I rarely have any finishes!

This year, the Finish-Along is hosted by Adrianne at On the Windy Side.  Click on the logo to get to her site.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

So, here are my second quarter goals.


These are my blocks from the 2013 Craftsy Block of the Month (the Laura Nownes one).  I wasn't crazy about the layout that was offered, and thought it would be a good chance to try quilt as you go.  So, I've put the smaller ones together, and added white borders to most of them to make 9 blocks that are each about 15 inches.  They all need to be quilted and sewn together.


This one is less ambitious.  The top is all together. It needs a little embroidery to mark the watermelon seeds, and then to quilt it up, just in time to put it on the table and eat watermelon!

This one is a leader - ender project.  I cut scraps into 2 inch squares, and sewed lights to darks, then sewed twosies into foursies and foursies into sixteenies.  (Is that even a word??)  And before I knew it, I had a good sized lap quilt done.  It will be a charity quilt once it's done.  I've actually started quilting this one, so it shouldn't be long.

Think I'll get any of those done?  Of course I will!

Linking up to Adrianne - On the Windy Side.

1 comment:

Ioleen said...

Beautiful quilts. Love the leader-ender project. I'm sure you will get these done. Waiting for the finished pictures.