Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Freebie Fifteen blocks

I signed up for the Freebie Fifteen at Traditional Pastimes in Calgary.  I love doing these "Sampler" programs.  The deadlines ensure that I will actually finish the blocks, although I admit I have about 3 or 4 UFO's as a result of not putting the blocks from Sampler programs together.

This one is called Sand and Sea Glass, and the name itself intrigued me.  Here are the first two blocks.

The first one is the freebie block.  They are also selling a second block each month for $10 - and that is the second block, above.  So far, I'm liking it.  The colours are really soft and muted (although not as muted as they look in the photo). 

The only difficulty I have with the program is that it is on the 15th of each month.  And, they only stay open until 5:00.  And I work till 4:30.  I checked the calendar - I don't think the 15th falls on a Saturday all year!  Oh well - if I skip out of work 15 minutes early, I'll beat the rush hour traffic and be able to make it.

No comments: