Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holy Templates Batman!

So, I'm working on the Traditional Pastimes Freebie Fifteen blocks.  This is the second month, and there are templates again!
These were just drawn out on the sheet of paper, and I glued them on to cardboard and cut them out.  I have never done that before.  I have used TriRecs tools and the Angle Play templates, but both of those have the corners cut at a proper angle so that you know how to put them together.  I think the templates provided with these work OK for hand piecing, but I had no idea how to line up the pieces to machine stitch them together.

But, I managed to do it.  Here are the completed blocks.  Some of the points are cut off, but is passes the man on a galloping horse test.

Despite my grumbling, I'm really liking how this is coming together.  And, it's good to challenge myself.

If I get templates in my next package, I'm going to sit down with graph paper and a ruler and try and figure out the corners myself.  How hard can that be?   (Famous last words.)

No comments: