Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Slow Quilt Movement

Sandy, over at Quilting for the Rest of Us, had made a New Years Resolution to slow down and enjoy her quilting more.  She is posting weekly entries about Slow Quilting, the first being here

I'm happy to join this movement, as this seems to be the approach I have taken to quilting right from the start.  I don't quilt if I'm not in the mood.  I don't quilt for other people (with one exception - which I regretted) and I don't make quilts for gifts for Christmas, birthdays, etc.  That is not to say that I don't give away my quilts - but I make them first, then decide on the occasion for giving.  I did make a graduation quilt for my daughter, but didn't actually tell her it was for her graduation until it was done.  And, it was two years late!  Now I'm working on a grad quilt for my son, who graduated in 2000.

I'm home from work today, but not quilting.  Our furnace decided to quit - and it's -25 outside, so I'm waiting for the repair guy to make his emergency visit.  He doesn't seem to have the samesense of urgency that I do.  When I called, he said "We'll see what we can do."  Doesn't give you a lot of confidence, does it?  Luckily, we have two furnaces - one for the upstairs and one for the main floor / basement.  The upstairs one is still chugging away, so while it's chilly on the main floor, it isn't freezing.  But my sewing room is in the basement, and I'm afraid if I go down there, I won't hear the doorbell.

Oh - he's just arrived.  Here's hoping!

No comments: