Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Freebie Fifteen Day Again

I finished the Freebie Fifteen blocks, just in time, as today is the day to bring them in.  I've got today off from work too, which is nice.  I don't have to rush over to Traditional Pastimes on my lunch hour!  They always have some fabric on sale on FF day, so I'll have time to shop too.

This is the FF block:
I mucked it up a bit - that inner block was supposed to be turned 90 degrees, so that the black squares didn't form a line.  I didn't notice it until it was sewn in and decided it was fine as is.  Those little squares are 1/2 inch finished!

This is the extra block, all sewn together:

I blogged about this the other day.  I've altered the templates so that they have corners cut at the proper angle to make the pieces fit together.  That has really improved my accuracy.  The log cabin block was done with paper piecing, as those pieces are 1/4 inch wide when finished!

This is going to be an interesting quilt when finished.  These blocks are all 12 inches, and there will be 24 in all.  We're also doing 3 1/2 inch quarter square triangles that, I assume, are for the border.  So, it is not going to be a small quilt when it's done.  But all these tiny tiny pieces - oh my!

No comments: