Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Finish! Table Runner

Just a small success, but a success nonetheless.

I bought this table runner as a kit.  I loved the bright colours!  The background is also a batik - mostly white, with a little purple. We have a table in our front entryway, and my goal is to make a table runner for every season and/or holiday.  So far, I have Christmas, summer, autumn and now spring.


I quilted this with a mulitcoloured pastel variegated thread.  I did loopy things to look like petals in the coloured parts, and an all-over meander in the background.  When it came to pick a fabric for the border, I was looking for green, to look like the leaves or branches going with the flowers.  I found a green batik that has the exact shades of blue and purple in it as in the quilt itself.  Perfect!

I'm still working on my son's Blue Bayou quilt - that I've been wanting to finish all year.  I am quilting it now, so should have it done shortly.  (Shortly, for me, means a couple weeks!)

1 comment:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your table runner, Colleen! The colors are so fun and bright. Love your quilting too!