Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Sew In

nysi


Well, it's that time again - what better way to spend New Years Day than in the sewing room!

If you are on Twitter, you can use the hashtag #NYSI to join in the conversation.  On Twitter, I am colleenquilts2 - but I have to warn you, I'm more of a listener than a chatter.  (Just like real life!)

Sandy, over at Quilting for the Rest of Us, asks us to send her our Quilting Resolutions.  I put mine in, but should have printed it off.  Now I can't remember what they were - but I'm sure they were good!  I'll have to listen to her podcast to see if she reads mine out.

I do remember my main resolution - and that is to complete at least two UFO's for every project that I start.  Good luck!  Last year, my plan was to only complete UFO's.  Well, two young ladies that I know were pregnant, so, of course I had to make them baby quilts.  And I had to try out the Twister tool from my last post.  And, there is another little project I started that I haven't posted about yet.   I have the attention span of a gnat!  But, I did get two major UFO projects completed, so I'm happy about that.

But, I've got so darn many UFO's and kits and patterns / purchased fabric combos.  And my sewing room is not that big!  I'm running out of space!  I don't have any pregnant friends or family members at present.  So, I am committed to keeping my resolution this year.

What are your quilty resolutions for 2013?

1 comment:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Hey...that's just what I did, spent time today in the sewing room! =)

hugz,
annie