Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

March-A-Long Progress


Darla, over at the Scientific Quilter, is hosting a March-a-long for the month of March.  The challenge is to spend at least 15 minutes a day on a quilting related activity.  The nice thing is that she's not insisting that it be productive - she includes shopping, reading magazines, etc.  That's my kind of challenge

I didn't report last week, as I was away.  We didn't get back until late Wednesday night, so this week will start on Thursday.  And, sorry folks, it's not all that exciting.

Thursday:  Washed all of the fabric that I bought on vacation.

Friday:  Ironed all of the fabric that I bought on vacation.  (The ironing is the easy part.  The hard part is finding a place to store it!  My sewing room is getting pretty stuffed!)

Saturday:  I thought this would be a good day to get a start on quilting the Sand and Sea Glass quilt.

 I lined up my backing fabric to see what would be the best way to piece it, and WHAT!!! There isn't enough!  Then I remembered.  I was going to use the 208 leftover hourglass units on the back.  So, I started squaring up the hourglass units.

Sunday:  I continued on squaring up the hourglass units.  Man, there are a lot of them!

I've completed about half - so back to the sewing room I go, to finish off the rest.

No comments: